Plenty of pecans and bacon give this stuffing a unique flavor— while using a packaged mix cuts down on the preparation time. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee Wisconsin
Featured In: 25 Stuffing Recipes for Thanksgiving
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 package (16 ounces) corn bread stuffing mix
- 10 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1-1/2 cups chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in stuffing mix; cover and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon to drain on paper towels. Discard all but 3 tablespoons of drippings; cook celery in drippings over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add onions and cook 5 minutes or until celery is tender, stirring constantly. Add to corn bread mixture along with pecans, salt, pepper and bacon; mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. casserole. Cover and bake at 325° for 45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Pecan-Corn Bread Dressing in Country Woman Christmas 1996, p24
Reviews forPecan-Corn Bread Dressing
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2009
"Wonderful, very tasty, my husband's favorite!"