Pecan-Coconut Sweet Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Place sweet potatoes in a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Drizzle with butter.
- Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until sweet potatoes are tender. Turn off slow cooker. Sprinkle marshmallows over potatoes; let stand, covered, 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 188 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Nov 28, 2014
I made these for Thanksgiving and they were really easy to make make and super delicious!
Nov 23, 2012
These sweets were delicious and not only easy, but it freed-up my oven for turkey and other dishes that had to be warmed-up(I tried this recipe for Thanksgiving). I will definately put sweet potatoes in my crock-pot from now on!I used 7 qt crock, 5 lbs potatoes, & increased all ingredients appropriately. the only other ingredient I added was 3 tbsp O.J. and eliminated white sugar.Thanks for sharing this fantastic recipe!
Nov 28, 2011
I tried this at Thanksgiving...and was disapointed. My guests were used to the traditional mashed sweet potato casserole. Although this had a good flavor, what was lacking was the texture. I actually ended up mashing the leftovers adding more sugar and re-baking them in a casserole dish.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.