- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Place the egg and pecans in separate shallow bowls. Dip fillets into egg, then coat with pecans. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute shallot in butter until tender. Add wine. Bring to a boil; cook for 1-2 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, orange juice and mustard until smooth; stir into wine mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with orange roughy. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPecan-Coated Roughy
"I personally did not care for the sauce. It was just too orange tasting for me. It was edible but not something I would make again."
"This was absolutely outstanding! It looked like a dish served by a professional and tasted like it too! We used Orange Roughy, substitutes garlic for the shallots and used raspberry lemonade instead of OJ (we did not have shallots or OJ). This will definitely be made again and again!!!"