Pecan Cinnamon Shortbread
The recipe for this melt-in-your-mouth cookie comes from Mitzi Sentiff from Annapolis, Maryland. “It yields just enough for the two of you and goes great with a cup of coffee,“ says Mitzi.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- In a small saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add pecans; cook and stir for 1 minute or until lightly toasted. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, cream confectioners' sugar and remaining butter. Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well (dough will be crumbly). Stir in pecans.
- Pat into a 5-in. circle on an ungreased baking sheet. Using a fork, prick score lines to form four wedges. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Immediately cut along score lines. Cool for 2 minutes before carefully removing to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 241 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Pecan-Cinnamon Shortbread in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.