Pecan Cinnamon Shortbread
The recipe for this melt-in-your-mouth cookie comes from Mitzi Sentiff from Annapolis, Maryland. “It yields just enough for the two of you and goes great with a cup of coffee,“ says Mitzi.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- In a small saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add pecans; cook and stir for 1 minute or until lightly toasted. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, cream confectioners' sugar and remaining butter. Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well (dough will be crumbly). Stir in pecans.
- Pat into a 5-in. circle on an ungreased baking sheet. Using a fork, prick score lines to form four wedges. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Immediately cut along score lines. Cool for 2 minutes before carefully removing to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 241 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.