The recipe for this melt-in-your-mouth cookie comes from Mitzi Sentiff from Annapolis, Maryland. “It yields just enough for the two of you and goes great with a cup of coffee,“ says Mitzi.
Recommended: 70 Sweet & Savory Pecan Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- In a small saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add pecans; cook and stir for 1 minute or until lightly toasted. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, cream confectioners' sugar and remaining butter. Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well (dough will be crumbly). Stir in pecans.
- Pat into a 5-in. circle on an ungreased baking sheet. Using a fork, prick score lines to form four wedges. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Immediately cut along score lines. Cool for 2 minutes before carefully removing to a wire rack. Yield: 4 pieces.
Originally published as Pecan Cinnamon Shortbread in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p54
Reviews forPecan Cinnamon Shortbread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2010
"This is pretty good. I like a lot of cinnamon so next time I will double the cinnamon. It fell apart easily, but tasted good."