Pecan Chocolate Puddles
Since my grandchildren like frosted cookies, I came up with this chocolate-topped version that satisfies them and is almost fuss-free for me. I have used the recipe for years and now make them for my great-grandchildren.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 48 pecan halves
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, salt and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chopped pecans and miniature chocolate chips.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and milk; stir until smooth. Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each ball. Fill with a rounded teaspoonful of melted chocolate; top with a pecan half.
- Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 239 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Pecan Chocolate Puddles in Country Woman Christmas 2001