- 2-3/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, butter (must be very soft but not melted), eggs and almond extract on low just until mixed. Beat on high for 5 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. On low speed, add flour mixture alternately with milk, mixing just until blended. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle pecans in the bottom of a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Carefully pour batter over pecans. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool 20 minutes in pan before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews forPecan-Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
"Looks delicious! I don't have enough butter, Can I use shortening?"