Pecan-Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies
When my four children were young, everyone wanted different kinds of cookies. After I came up with this recipe, everyone was happy, and it’s still a cookie they ask for. Thanks to the cream cheese, these cookies bake up soft and fluffy. —Linda Brown, Hooker, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 9 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat first four ingredients until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into butter mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and coconut.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Top each with a pecan half.
- Bake until lightly browned, 9-11 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 77 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 57mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.