Pecan Chocolate Chip Brownies
"We call these 'magic bars' because they're fast and easy to make, and they disappear quickly when finished-just like magic!" declared Beverly Wilkerson of Crocker, Missouri.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2 tubes (16-1/2 ounces each ) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (8-inch square pan size)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Press cookie dough into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup coconut and press firmly into dough.
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions; carefully spread over coconut. Sprinkle with remaining coconut; top with chocolate chips and pecans.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
Editor's Note: If desired, 4-1/2 cups of your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough can be substituted for the refrigerated dough.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.