Pecan Chicken with Chutney Recipe
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- PEACH MANGO CHUTNEY:
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 1 cup mango chutney
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk and hot pepper sauce. In a third bowl, combine pecans and bread crumbs.
- 2. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Coat chicken with flour mixture, then dip in egg mixture and coat with pecan mixture.
- 3. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in butter and oil for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine peaches and chutney. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings (1-3/4 cups chutney).
1 each: 566 calories, 26g fat (5g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 707mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Pecan Chicken with Chutney
"I found this recipe after having something similar in a restaurant. I had a honey pecan chicken so I just skip the chutney and drizzle with honey and it's delicious. I give this 4 stars because I don't make the chutney. It's also great leftover on a mixed greens salad with honey Dijon mustard dressing."