Pecan Chicken with Chutney
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
Makes6 servings (1-3/4 cups chutney)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- PEACH MANGO CHUTNEY:
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 1 cup mango chutney
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk and hot pepper sauce. In a third bowl, combine pecans and bread crumbs.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Coat chicken with flour mixture, then dip in egg mixture and coat with pecan mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in butter and oil for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine peaches and chutney. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 566 calories, 26g fat (5g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 707mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein.
May 28, 2010
I found this recipe after having something similar in a restaurant. I had a honey pecan chicken so I just skip the chutney and drizzle with honey and it's delicious. I give this 4 stars because I don't make the chutney. It's also great leftover on a mixed greens salad with honey Dijon mustard dressing.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.