Pecan Chicken Pockets
Packaged crescent rolls provide a flaky outer crust for these comforting, flavorful handheld sandwiches. "My sister in Arizona shared the recipe with me," notes Audrey Marler of Kokomo, Indiana.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, 1 tablespoon butter and pepper. Fold in chicken and mushrooms. Separate crescent dough into two rectangles; seal perforations. Spoon chicken mixture on each rectangle to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up, starting from a short side; pinch ends to seal.
- In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and pecans. Melt remaining butter; brush over entire surface of dough. Roll in crumb mixture. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 606 calories, 43g fat (20g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 1041mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.