Pecan Chicken Pockets
Packaged crescent rolls provide a flaky outer crust for these comforting, flavorful handheld sandwiches. "My sister in Arizona shared the recipe with me," notes Audrey Marler of Kokomo, Indiana.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, 1 tablespoon butter and pepper. Fold in chicken and mushrooms. Separate crescent dough into two rectangles; seal perforations. Spoon chicken mixture on each rectangle to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up, starting from a short side; pinch ends to seal.
- In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and pecans. Melt remaining butter; brush over entire surface of dough. Roll in crumb mixture. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 606 calories, 43g fat (20g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 1041mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Pecan Chicken Pockets in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.