- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Stir in pecans, cherries and vanilla. Pour into a greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews forPecan Cherry Bread
"I have been making this bread since the early 80's...for every holiday and just because...i make a powdered sugar glaze to drizzle on top..also great as muffins or bars!!!"
"I make this every Christmas, but I substitute 1 cup sour cream for the buttermilk. Everyone loves and asks for recipe."