- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1-3/4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 pound dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 1 pound milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1-3/4 cups dried cherries or cranberries
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and spices; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is completely dissolved, about 3 minutes. Stir in pecans until coated. Spread onto foil to cool.
- Line two 15x10x1-in. pans with parchment or waxed paper. In a microwave, melt dark chocolate candy coating and 1 tablespoon shortening, stirring until smooth. Divide between prepared pans, spreading to desired thickness. Refrigerate just until set, but not firm.
- In microwave, melt milk chocolate candy coating and 1 tablespoon shortening, stirring to blend; spread over dark chocolate layer. Refrigerate until set, but not firm.
- Repeat with white candy coating and remaining shortening; spread over top. Sprinkle with cherries and candied pecans, pressing to adhere. Refrigerate until firm. Break into pieces. Yield: about 4 pounds.
Reviews forPecan Cherry Bark
"I've made this several times now. However, it is too much for a 10 x 15 pan. I have made it with just two pounds of only milk chocolate melted together (that's what I had on hand), spread in a 12 x 17 pan with the yummy pecans on top and just half the amount of cherries. This breaks up pretty easily and is really good."
"I did make this pretty much as written. I didn't have any dark chocolate coating, so I melted a couple ounces of unsweetened chocolate with a pound of milk chocolate coating for that layer. I really, now that the bark is set and broken up, wish that I had not used that third layer. One layer of chocolate coating and one layer of white chocolate coating would have been plenty. The three layers make the bark too thick and it's difficult to break in pieces. So next time, I will just use the two layers. But I will make this again next year. The sugared pecans are amazing!"
"I love this recipe!!! It is so delicious, and everybody really enjoys it! I am not a very good baker, (I love cook), and for the cookie swaps, this is what I make. There is always plenty for a sample, while everyone is making up there plates. It is also fast and simple."