Pecan Cheddar Snacks
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon biscuit/baking mix
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, combine the flour, biscuit mix and cayenne. Stir in butter until crumbly. Add cheese and egg; mix well. Stir in cereal and nuts.
- Shape into 1-1/2 in. balls; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 483 calories, 37g fat (15g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 27, 2013
The texture of these was great, and they were really easy to make with ingredients I already had in my kitchen. They were a bit bland though--I would definitely suggest adding salt to the flour mixture to bring out the flavor of the cheese and pecans.