Pecan Candy Clusters
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + standing
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips, divided
- 64 pecan halves (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 28 caramels
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside. In a microwave, melt 1 cup chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Drop chocolate by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Immediately place four pecans on top of each chocolate drop.
- Place the caramels in a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish; add cream. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes, stirring once. Spoon onto the middle of each cluster.
- Melt the remaining chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Spread over caramel. Let stand until set.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 15, 2013
Great!!! The recipe states to add the CREAM to Carmels, I did not , still Great!!
May 19, 2013
I hated unwrapping the caramels, so the second time I made them, I went to my bulk food store and found a block of caramel to use instead.
Dec 15, 2011
Did anyone find out how to thicken the caramel??? I want to make this for gifts.
Dec 8, 2011
These were delicious, but the caramel was way too runny and ran all over the pan. Next time I will leave the cream out and let the caramel cool down a bit before putting it on the chocolate.
Dec 21, 2010
These were a big hit. My caramel was a little too runny, maybe it was too hot.
Dec 8, 2010
Can,t imagine what the cream is to be added to--the chocolate or the caramels? Did you goof?
Sep 30, 2010
Oops! I see now.
Sep 30, 2010
Easy and tasty too...like "Turtles". Just curious, what are you supposed to do with the Whipping Cream?
Apr 16, 2009
I have made these twice for Christmas gifts and they are always a big hit! Easy for the children to help with too.
Sep 7, 2008
I made these last xmas and they were great. Nice and easy also