Pecan Candy Clusters
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + standing
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips, divided
- 64 pecan halves (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 28 caramels
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside. In a microwave, melt 1 cup chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Drop chocolate by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Immediately place four pecans on top of each chocolate drop.
- Place the caramels in a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish; add cream. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes, stirring once. Spoon onto the middle of each cluster.
- Melt the remaining chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Spread over caramel. Let stand until set.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 15, 2013
Great!!! The recipe states to add the CREAM to Carmels, I did not , still Great!!
May 19, 2013
I hated unwrapping the caramels, so the second time I made them, I went to my bulk food store and found a block of caramel to use instead.
Dec 15, 2011
Did anyone find out how to thicken the caramel??? I want to make this for gifts.
Dec 8, 2011
These were delicious, but the caramel was way too runny and ran all over the pan. Next time I will leave the cream out and let the caramel cool down a bit before putting it on the chocolate.
Dec 21, 2010
These were a big hit. My caramel was a little too runny, maybe it was too hot.
Dec 8, 2010
Can,t imagine what the cream is to be added to--the chocolate or the caramels? Did you goof?
Sep 30, 2010
Oops! I see now.
Sep 30, 2010
Easy and tasty too...like "Turtles". Just curious, what are you supposed to do with the Whipping Cream?
Apr 16, 2009
I have made these twice for Christmas gifts and they are always a big hit! Easy for the children to help with too.
Sep 7, 2008
I made these last xmas and they were great. Nice and easy also