This quick bread has the terrific taste of caramel yeast rolls but with the convenience of refrigerated crescent rolls. Each Thanksgiving, I make several breads for my husband to share with his fellow teachers.
Recommended: Banana Bread A to Z
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Separate crescent dough into 16 triangles. Spread each with butter. Combine sugar, chopped pecans and cinnamon; sprinkle over triangles. Beginning at the wide end, roll up each triangle.
- In a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan, place rolls, point side down, widthwise in two layers. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Top with pecan halves. In a small saucepan, combine glaze ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cool for 5 minutes. Drizzle over warm bread. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Pecan Breakfast Loaf in Best of Country Breads 2000, p109
Reviews forPecan Breakfast Loaf
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review