After 18 years, I haven't found anything that this sauce doesn't taste great on. Pecans are the deliciously different ingredient.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Pecan Barbecue Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p92