Pecan Apple Loaves
Loaded with chopped apples and crunchy pecans, this quick bread is perfect for fall and winter celebrations. The blend of nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon nicely accents every bite.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 70 min. + cooling
Makes2 loaves (16 slices each)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and cloves. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, butter and vanilla until blended. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. (Mixture will be stiff.) Fold in apples and pecans.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 325° for 70-80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 179 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 142mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Fresh Apple Loaf in Country Woman Christmas 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.