This is a delicious way to eat your veggies. My 6-year-old daughter loves this recipe —and she even helps to make it. It's a favorite at our dinner table. —Shannon Avra, Little Rock, Arkansas
Recommended: 25 Fast Spring Veggie Sides
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 3 cups fresh or frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Add sugar snap peas; cook, uncovered, 1-2 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Add remaining peas during the last 30 seconds of cooking. Drain and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Transfer peas to a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients until blended. Pour over peas; toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon, serve peas at room temperature. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Peas with Sesame Dressing in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p129