Peas & Pepper Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 10 min. + standing
- 1 package (16 ounces) acini di pepe pasta
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped Cubanelle peppers or miniature sweet peppers
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 4 radishes, trimmed and quartered
- 1/2 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-3/4 cups frozen petite peas (about 8 ounces), thawed
- 1/2 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Thinly sliced radishes, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain well. Place peppers, parsley, radishes, red onion and green onions in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped, scraping sides of food processor bowl as necessary.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, chopped vegetables and peas. Add dressing, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend. If desired, top with sliced radishes.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 255 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 352mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
May 21, 2015
I doubled the peas so I didn't need another vegetable for dinner and it was great. We took the salad car camping, and the leftovers still tasted great after five days.
May 1, 2015
I prepared this with the Charoset recipe on page 69. It was the perfect, light salad for lunch.Thanks, Ann