Peas ‘N’ Bean Salad
This recipe was one of the first I tried from a new cookbook many years ago. I was intrigued by the variety of ingredients. It's been a favorite ever since, and whenever I take this dish somewhere, there are never leftovers.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen baby lima beans
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- Sliced green onion, optional
- Prepare the peas and beans according to package directions; drain and cool. Combine cooked vegetables in a 1-1/2-qt. clear glass bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the red onion, mayonnaise, oil, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; mix well. Spoon over vegetables; garnish with eggs and green onion if desired. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 432 calories, 35g fat (5g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 553mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Peas n Bean Salad in Reminisce May/June 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.