Pears with Raspberry Sauce
Two seasonal favorites - pears and raspberries - are showcased in this simple recipe from Florence Palmer of Marshall, Illinois.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 6 medium ripe pears
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sugar raspberry fruit spread
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- Core and peel pears; set upright in an 8-in. square baking dish. Combine honey and lemon juice; pour over pears. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until pears are tender, basting occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the fruit spread and vinegar; stir in raspberries. Cook over medium-low heat until heated through; spoon over pears. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 166 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Pears with Raspberry Sauce in Taste of Home June/July 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.