Two seasonal favorites - pears and raspberries - are showcased in this simple recipe from Florence Palmer of Marshall, Illinois.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 medium ripe pears
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sugar raspberry fruit spread
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- Core and peel pears; set upright in a 9-in. square baking dish. Combine honey and lemon juice; pour over pears. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until tender, basting occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the fruit spread and vinegar; stir in raspberries. Cook over medium-low heat until heated through; spoon over pears. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pears with Raspberry Sauce in Taste of Home June/July 2000, p17