Pears with Cinnamon Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 medium pears
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 whole cloves
- 1/4 cup low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- Core pears from the bottom, leaving stems intact. Peel pears. Cut 1/4 in. from bottom to level if necessary. In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and cloves; top with pears.
- Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until pears are tender. Remove pears to dessert plates. Discard cloves. Whisk frozen yogurt into sauce until smooth. Spoon over pears. Serve warm or chilled.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 232 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 73mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein.
Apr 28, 2017
delicious , tender pears with an incredible saucewe have substituted vanilla bean Ice cream for the Yogurt One of our absolute favorites for a perfect ending to a romantic dinner at homewe have made this many times and have NEVER been disapointed
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.