Pears a la Creme
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) pear halves, well drained
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger; cook and stir until bubbly. Gently stir in pears; heat through. Spoon one pear half over each scoop of ice cream.
Apr 25, 2011
I used this with one or two changes when my son had enough extras show up that Easter dinner was suddenly at my house. Easter morning I was scrambling to get everything done, and found this recipe. I had no fresh pears, so used several cans of pear halves. I had to double the recipe and then some, but WOW!! I served the pears over raspberry syrup with a small ball of vanilla ice cream on the side and a drizzle of either raspberry or chocolate syrup over the pears. I had so many compliments and requests for this recipe. Everyone said it looked like the plated desserts from the very expensive restaurants. I will be keeping this as a great dessert when you don't want anything heavy. This is extremely adaptable thanks so much for this one!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.