- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) pear halves, well drained
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger; cook and stir until bubbly. Gently stir in pears; heat through. Spoon one pear half over each scoop of ice cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPears a la Creme
"I used this with one or two changes when my son had enough extras show up that Easter dinner was suddenly at my house. Easter morning I was scrambling to get everything done, and found this recipe. I had no fresh pears, so used several cans of pear halves. I had to double the recipe and then some, but WOW!! I served the pears over raspberry syrup with a small ball of vanilla ice cream on the side and a drizzle of either raspberry or chocolate syrup over the pears. I had so many compliments and requests for this recipe. Everyone said it looked like the plated desserts from the very expensive restaurants. I will be keeping this as a great dessert when you don't want anything heavy. This is extremely adaptable thanks so much for this one!"