Pear Yeast Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
Makes1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (15 ounces) pear halves, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In a blender or food processor, combine the pears and extract; cover and process until pureed. Pour into bread machine pan.
- Add the remaining ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour if needed).
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 126 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 19, 2015
Moist and tasty. We made it for dinner to go with soup. The spice and fruitiness was a nice contrast. It would also be excellent for breakfast or with coffee or tea.
Nov 6, 2009
This is my recipe, and yes the amout of yeast is incorrect. I actually submitted the original recipe with 1½ teaspoons of yeast, which is better in my machine. Try it with a sweetened cream cheese spread on it.
Sep 15, 2009
I bet it is 2-1/4 teaspoons
Jan 13, 2009
I would like to know how much yeast to add....2 1/4 cups of yeast sounds like a lot...are you sure that it's really that much
Jan 25, 2008
21/4 cups yeast ?