- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced pears
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Drain pears, reserving juice in a 1-cup measuring cup. Add enough water to measure 3/4 cup. Set pears aside. In a small bowl, combine the pear juice mixture, apple juice, brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic powder; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil for 4-6 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Add parsley and pear juice mixture. Cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually pour into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in walnuts and pears. Serve with rice if desired.