Pear Waldorf Pitas with Poppy Seed Dressing
Here's a guaranteed table-brightener for a shower, luncheon or party. Just stand back and watch these sandwiches vanish. For an eye-catching presentation, I tuck each one into a colorful folded napkin.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 medium ripe pears, diced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons lemon yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 10 miniature pita pockets, halved
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the pears, celery, grapes and walnuts. In another bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise and poppy seeds; mix well. Add to pear mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- To serve, line pita halves with lettuce and add 2 tablespoons pear mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 136 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 172mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Pear Waldorf Pitas in The Taste of Home Cookbook 1st edition