Pear Tea Sandwiches
The gals at your next luncheon will have fun guessing the ingredients in these delightfully different sandwiches. They're an enticing mix of creamy, crunchy and sweet. —Laurie Balcom, Lynden, WA
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes8 tea sandwiches
- 1 cup dried pears
- 1/4 cup spreadable cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 8 slices cinnamon-raisin bread, toasted and crusts removed
- Place pears in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain. Cool slightly; chop pears.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and syrup. Stir in pears and nuts.
- Spread over four slices of toast; top with remaining toast. Cut each sandwich into two triangles.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 230 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Pear-Fect Tea Sandwiches in Country Woman June/July 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.