- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 8 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 cups diced peeled ripe pears (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 turkey (10 pounds)
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the bread crumbs, pears, broth, salt, pepper and sage.
- Just before baking, loosely stuff turkey with stuffing. Skewer turkey openings; tie drumsticks together. Place breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 165° when inserted in center of stuffing and the thigh reaches at least 170°, basting occasionally with pan drippings. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.)
- Cover turkey and let stand for 20 minutes before removing stuffing and carving turkey. If desired, thicken pan drippings for gravy. Yield: 10 servings (8 cups stuffing).
Reviews forPear Stuffing for Turkey
"This was awesome! We will use this as our stuffing recipe every year now. I will make it seperately from the turkey as i like it a little crispier."
"This was the first stuffing I made in my home for Christmas, and it blew every other stuffing I have ever eaten out of the water! So good!!"