Pear-Stuffed French Toast with Brie, Cranberries & Pecans
This French toast is stuffed with fresh pears, dried cranberries, pecans, Brie and cream cheese. It's an easy overnight recipe that is so elegant and rich, it also makes an indulgent dessert! —Lindsay Sprunk, Noblesville, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 medium pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 20 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed and thinly sliced
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add pears and 2 tablespoons brown sugar; cook and stir until pears are tender, 4-6 minutes. In a bowl, mix cream cheese, cranberries and pecans.
- Place half of the bread slices in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with cream cheese mixture, pear mixture and Brie. Top with remaining bread slices. Whisk together next five ingredients and remaining brown sugar. Pour over bread. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, until top is golden brown, 35-40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with syrup.
Originally published as Fruit and Brie Stuffed French Toast in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.