- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium butternut squash (3 pounds each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 4-1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 4 medium pears, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- For cinnamon cream, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, maple syrup and cinnamon. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Peel squash. Scoop out seeds and pulp; rinse and pat seeds dry. In a small bowl, combine the squash seeds, butter and jerk seasoning. Spread onto a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, cut squash into cubes. In a large saucepan, combine the squash, broth and pears; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until squash is tender. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, process squash mixture in batches until smooth. Return all to the pan. Add brown sugar and seasonings. Gradually stir in whipping cream. Garnish soup with cinnamon cream and spiced seeds. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews forPear Squash Bisque with Cinnamon Cream
"I recently had maple butternut bisque in Woodstock, Vt. Simply delicious. This is quite siliar. easy to make"
"absolutely loved it!!!"
"I couldn't get it as thick as I would have liked it but my entire family liked it and said it tasted like apple pie."
"Super easy to make. I skipped the cream and seeds part of the recipe since i was serving this to my 2 year old and 6 year old."