- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, lemon peel and ginger. Add pears; toss gently to coat.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge of plate. Add pear mixture. Combine the brown sugar, pecans and butter; sprinkle over pears.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; cut a decorative design in the center if desired. Place over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. (If using whole pastry on top without a decorative design, cut slits in pastry.)
- Bake at 400° for 35-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and pears are tender (cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary). Cool completely on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forPear Praline Pie
"Oh, my, is this ever good! It's as beautiful and it is delicious. As I cut and pull back the top crust as shown, I make as many points as I want to cut slices when serving, so each slice gets one point of the star burst."