Pear Pork Chops
These pork chops make a wonderful dinner paired with crusty bread and a salad. —Athena Russell, Florence, South Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium pear, cut into wedges
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, thyme, salt and pepper. Add pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook chops in oil and butter over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat juices run clear. Remove to a serving plate and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute pear until tender. Serve with pork.