Pear Pork Chops with Rice
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pear halves in extra-light syrup
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 5 ounces each)
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Drain pears, reserving syrup; set pears aside. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, cloves, cinnamon and reserved syrup. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes, stirring every minute, or until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.
- Place pork chops in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Place a pear half over each chop; top with pear syrup mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Remove pork and pears; keep warm. Pour pan juices into a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into juices. Return to a boil; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Serve with pork, pears and rice.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 425 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 80g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Jan 10, 2018
I was really disappointed in this recipe. The sauce and pears were good so I salvaged them and ate them over the rice. But the pork chops were really tough and had no flavor.
Jul 27, 2011
I did a little variation. 3 cooking pears,3 tbsp butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 tsp ea. cinnamon and crushed cloves and about 1/2 cup of water and cooked on stovetop while chops were cooking in oven. No need to thicken, when the chops are done, top with pears and a little of the liquid. Also, I like to brown the chops, then bake covered 375 degree for about 45 min. Served this dish with roasted butternut squash. Yum!
Oct 29, 2010
This a little too sweet. I will use only 1/2 c brown sugar next time.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.