Pear & Pomegranate Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Dash salt
- 3 medium Bosc pears
- 1 head Boston or Bibb lettuce (about 6 ounces), torn
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 3/4 cup crumbled Boursin garlic and fine herbs cheese (half of a 5.2-ounce package) or garlic and herb feta cheese
- In a blender, combine the first seven ingredients. Cut one pear lengthwise in half; peel, core and coarsely chop one pear half. Add chopped pear to blender; cover and process until blended. Cut remaining pears and pear half lengthwise into 1/4-in. slices.
- Arrange lettuce on four plates. Top with pears, pomegranate seeds and pecans; sprinkle with cheese. Drizzle with dressing; serve immediately.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 388 calories, 29g fat (4g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 74mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 7g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 10, 2015
This is an elegant salad but it was enough work to prepare that I'd only serve it for a fancy dinner. I would also only make this again if the bagged pomegranate seeds were available. I had little red spots all over the kitchen from scooping out the seeds!. My grocer had neither the bagged seeds nor the boursin & garlic cheese and my family dislikes feta cheese so I did not add any cheese.. It is a very tasty and unusual salad however.