Pear Pizza Wedges
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 whole pita breads
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 medium ripe pear, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with oil; sprinkle with Gorgonzola cheese. Top with pear slices and walnuts.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until bread is crisp and cheese is melted. Combine honey and vinegar; drizzle over pitas. Cut each into four wedges.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 121 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 7, 2009
First of all, I have to say I'm disappointed to see that this recipe is in Holiday and Celebrations Cookbook, because I found it in the newly released 2009 Summer Appetizers cookbook. I expect when I purchase a cookbook that the recipes are not repeated. This was okay tasting, the gorgonzola added a bit too much sourness to the flavor (the strong flavor of the cheese is a bit overwhelming). I think this might be better layered with brie cheese or some similar soft cheese. Also, I doubled the honey and vinegar drizzle.