- 2 whole pita breads
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 medium ripe pear, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with oil; sprinkle with Gorgonzola cheese. Top with pear slices and walnuts.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until bread is crisp and cheese is melted. Combine honey and vinegar; drizzle over pitas. Cut each into four wedges. Yield: 8 appetizers.
Reviews forPear Pizza Wedges
"First of all, I have to say I'm disappointed to see that this recipe is in Holiday and Celebrations Cookbook, because I found it in the newly released 2009 Summer Appetizers cookbook. I expect when I purchase a cookbook that the recipes are not repeated. This was okay tasting, the gorgonzola added a bit too much sourness to the flavor (the strong flavor of the cheese is a bit overwhelming). I think this might be better layered with brie cheese or some similar soft cheese. Also, I doubled the honey and vinegar drizzle."