VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 4 whole pita breads (6 inches each)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 2 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- In a bowl, combine the oil and garlic; brush on top of each pita. Arrange oil side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheese, pears and pistachios.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until pears are tender. Cut into wedges. Yield: 24 appetizers.
Originally published as Pear Pistachio Pita in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p18