Pear Pistachio Pita
This recipe makes a fun and deliciously different appetizer of snack! Pears and pistachio nuts are a surprising and satisfying combination. -- Stephanie Marchese
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 4 whole pita breads (6 inches each)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 2 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- In a bowl, combine the oil and garlic; brush on top of each pita. Arrange oil side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheese, pears and pistachios.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until pears are tender. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 162 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 286mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.