Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 6 cups sliced peeled ripe pears
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Unroll crust into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. In a large bowl, combine the pears, lemon juice and zest and coriander. Add 1/2 cup sugar; toss gently to coat. Spoon into pie crust. In a small bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, mace and remaining sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over pears.
- Bake at 400° for 45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is browned. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or cold with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 375 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 162mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 2, 2013
I had some pears I needed to use so I went searching for recipes with pears on the TOH site. This is a refreshing pie that is really easy to make. It reminds me of a pie and crisp all in one.