Pear-Pecan Sausage Quiche
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1/2 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 medium pear, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 pecan halves
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of pie plate; flute edges.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Arrange pear slices in crust; top with sausage. Sprinkle with pecans. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt, thyme and nutmeg. Stir in cheese. Pour over sausage.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean and crust is golden brown. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Garnish with pecan halves. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 375 calories, 27g fat (12g saturated fat), 160mg cholesterol, 520mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 2, 2013
I would make this dish without the pears. When I fixed this for my friends the pear was hard and the crust was gooey...but the sausage and spices were very tasty. I would most likley leave the pear out.
Dec 29, 2011
I made this recipe exactly as written and it was delicious. I will definitely make again.
May 4, 2010
quick, easy, and very delicous mix of flavors
Dec 22, 2009
The only change I made to this recipe is instead of using chopped pecans I ground mine up. This is an amazing quiche, I made it to bring to my boyfriends sister and she loves it so much she requests it everytime we stop by.