Pear & Pecan Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette
A tart cranberry dressing balances beautifully with sweet, juicy pears in this salad that’s easy to make and sure to impress. This recipe is light on carbs and quick to make—and it’s oh so good! —Jerry Gulley, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes12 servings (1 cup each)
- 2 tablespoons champagne or rice vinegar
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced shallot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 10 cups Boston lettuce
- 2 medium pears, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Process champagne, 1/4 cup cranberries, shallot, mustard, honey, salt and pepper in a small food processor until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- In a bowl, combine lettuce and pears. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with pecans and remaining cranberries.
Originally published as Apple Walnut Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.