Pear & Peanut Spinach Salad
A creamy pear-flavored dressing coats this delightful mixed salad made of spinach, pears, peanuts and raisins. My guests are always impressed by it.—Kristin Brady, South Bend, Indiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 3 medium pears, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 star fruit, optional
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons pear juice
- 2 tablespoons vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- Dash salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. If desired, slice star fruit and add to bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients. Add to salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 129 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 181mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Filipino-style Pear Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2014