- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 medium ripe pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In an ovenproof 10-in. skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in cinnamon, ginger and 1 tablespoon of sugar. cook for 1 minute or until the sugar is dissolved. Reduce heat; add the pears. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally. remove from the heat; arrange the pears evenly in the skillet.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, egg yolks and vanilla until smooth. In a small mixing bowl, beat the egg whites with remaining sugar until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into the egg yolk mixture just until blended. Spread over the pears. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPear Oven Omelet
"I made it today and it was delicious! The pears were perfect. I would call it more of a souffle than an omelet though. Will definitely make it again!"