Pear Olive Oil Cake
This moist, flavorful olive oil cake complements any holiday meal. It also doesn't take a lot of time to prepare, which is an added bonus. —Andrea Potischman, Menlo Park, California
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups plus 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Dash salt
- 3 medium red pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease a 10-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. In a large bowl, beat 1-1/4 cups brown sugar, oil, eggs, milk and vanilla until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flours, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Arrange pears over top; sprinkle with remaining 2 teaspoons brown sugar and cinnamon. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 55-60 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. If desired, serve with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 294 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.