Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup chopped peeled ripe pears
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk egg and cream; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Fold in pears and pecans. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 191 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 307mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 4, 2010
It was very doughy and not much taste. I would add some spice and perhaps drizzle honey on it.
Oct 30, 2010
I liked the easy recipe & pear taste. Think I'd add spice to batter or glaze to biscuits, tho, next time. Thanks!