Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup chopped peeled ripe pears
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk egg and cream; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Fold in pears and pecans. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 191 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 307mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Nov 4, 2010
It was very doughy and not much taste. I would add some spice and perhaps drizzle honey on it.
Oct 30, 2010
I liked the easy recipe & pear taste. Think I'd add spice to batter or glaze to biscuits, tho, next time. Thanks!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.