- 1 can (15 ounces) pear halves
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Drain pears, reserving juice; set pears aside. In a small saucepan, bring juice to a boil. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- In a food processor, combine pears and cream cheese; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in gelatin mixture until blended. Stir in the pineapple and 3/4 cup pecans. Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour into an ungreased 11x7-in. dish. Refrigerate until set. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Cut into squares. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forPear-Lime Gelatin Salad
"This was simply delicious, easy to make and turned out perfect. I already have the ingredients to make again. Also very simple ingredients, nothing exotic to have to find!! I love this site and to have my own recipe box."
"This is the best lime gelatin dish I've ever tasted! It is amazing that just a few simple ingredients can make something so delicious. I used low fat cream cheese and it was still good ..... even my son who doesn't like fruit ate some, and my husband had seconds! Very light and fluffy. I used an 8 x 8 square glass pan and it came out perfect."
"Loved this one! Took it to a Church Covered Dish dinner and it was a tremendous hit. Not one bite left to bring home. Will definitley be making this one again. Only thing I did differently is that I did not toat the pecans; don't care for them. It was great without that step as well."
"Haven't tried this one but I was wondering if you could substitute Ricotta cheese for the cream cheese."
"I'm back to just say..I am making this salad again..and had a request over the phone for the recipe..its just too good!"
"Yesterday we had our monthly missionary dinner at our home..I periodically make a lime gelatin salad from a tried and ture recipe..but this time I didn't have the cottage cheese called for in that recipe. I searched your site for something that would be delicious and came across this recipe..read the reviews and decided to give it a go..OH MY GOODNESS!! This was far superior to any lime gelatin recipe. All the women asked for the recipe and the dish was gobbled up by all in attendence. This one is a WINNER!! I now have a new favorite. Thanks for sharing!!"